Eben Pratt taught in the first school in Ashville in
first church organized in the
Town was The Congregational Church of Harmony
located in Ashville in 1820.
In 1822 Dr. Vine Elderkin was
Ashville's first physician.
The North Harmony Baptist
Church was formed in 1833.
Stow acquired its name when John Stow established
the Post Office in 1880.
George and Alton Appleby established the Ashville -
Panama Telephone and Telegraph in 1902.
The fire fighting department in the Village of
Ashville was organized in 1914.